Cornish Internet Invasion

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Right I need to put together a blog for a pro-Cornish organisation and I know nothing about blogs, websites or how to set them up. I have a budget of zero pounds but plenty of enthusiasm.

Please help :D

I really do need assistance on this one but at the same time educating the Cornish movement about creating internet presences is not such a bad idea either is it?

So where do I start

Kernowpages

Post by Kernowpages » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:00 pm

A web domain will cost varying amounts based on who you use and what sort of domain you buy.

I would recommend a .org domain if it is to be used for non-profit purposes.

There are plenty of packages out there that allow you to do pretty much anythuing in a few minutes and without the need to get your hands dirty.

You could probably re-create something similar to this site fairly easily.

Hosting may cost you also, depending on the setup you require.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:21 pm

I have no money to spend on this. So what are my options?

Coady

Post by Coady » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:27 am

FLB It's free and simple to set up a 'group' by using, say, Yahoo groups (as the freecycle organisation has done).

One disadvantage is that anyone wishing to access the group needs to have a Yahoo identity and password to sign in, but that can be as simple as creating a Yahoo email account.

look at http://groups.yahoo.com/

We live in interesting times!

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Thanks, keep it comming.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Fulub, When you come over , I'll give you the nessesary software you need. You should and probably already have the webspace with your own ISP.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 pm

Cool

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:24 pm

In fact to make a simple blog is really easy, just follow the instructions here: https://www.blogger.com/start

If you are in a different part of the world why not make a Cornish embassy blog for where you live.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:58 pm

Ian said:

In fact to make a simple blog is really easy, just follow the instructions here: https://www.blogger.com/start

So why are you asking FLB? :-?

I think we want some good, informative and reasonably professional pro Cornish blogs and web sites not hundreds of blogs filled with opinions full of a load of tosh!edited by: Ian, Jun 19, 2007 - 10:13 PM

Why do you think? Go on just think about it for one second Ian. While you are doing that let me throw some words at you like 'time' 'research' and 'discovery'. Ah yes Ian, the simple answer is that when I started the thread I didn't know and, get ready for this Ian, I found out later. Amazing hum? As far as Tosh is concerned perhaps it's you that should avoid blogs:roll:

If you have something to say blog it, say it, get it out there. Good blogs bad blogs, the more about Cornwall the better. Hundreds of blogs about Cornish issues would be yet another symbol of the strength of the Cornish ethnic identity and an expression of that identity but on the web.

Guthrum

Post by Guthrum » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:17 am

A Cornish Blog would be a good idea,especially after yesterday, when the United Kingdom now has a series of Regional ministers, and Cornwall and Wessex has been lumped together under Ben Bradshaw MP. I have had a lot of reaction from Wessex but cannot see much reaction from Cornwall as yet !

Davidtreth

Post by Davidtreth » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:07 pm

The blogging platform nireblog has a multilingual interface http://nireblog.com/all It doesn't have Cornish, but translation can be done by users, so it can do if you want it to and you know enough Cornish.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:26 am

Thanks for that, both of you.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:47 pm

Hey C24! Why not use the Celtic news RSS feed?: http://www.agencebretagnepresse.com/rss ... ue=english