Hello All

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
CJenkin

Post by CJenkin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi paul
Great to hear that you love Cornwall so much - that's the first step to making lots of friends. If you think of yourself as working class then one of the most important activities that working class Cornish people love is supporting the local rugby team - I'd recommend either Pirates for seeing quality games or Redruth for a real Cornish experience.

Camborne & Redruth are built around mostly former mining areas - people tend to be on average less wealthy in these two towns and there are communities that have suffered such poverty since the decline of the mines in the 1880s despite such issues they are very resilient and are some of the friendliest Cornish people. The kinds of issues you might face for example is an above average number of teenage pregnancies - symptomatic of opportunities and expectations for some families.

Both towns are still quintessentially Cornish.

Shrdlu

Post by Shrdlu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:57 pm

and paulk, the resident's of Camborne will be much more friendly if you dont spell "Cambourne" with a U... :-)

Paulk

Post by Paulk » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:38 pm

shrdlu said:
and paulk, the resident's of Camborne will be much more friendly if you dont spell "Cambourne" with a U... :-)

Camborne :-D 8-)

edited by: paulk, Jun 20, 2008 - 04:40 PM

Celticwarrior

Post by Celticwarrior » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Why dont you buy a house where your from!?.

edited by: celticwarrior, Jun 20, 2008 - 10:24 PM

Royred

Post by Royred » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Hope you are aware paulk that by deciding to come here to live you probably take a job that is badly needed by some one already here.
you will put an extra burden on the already overstretched dentists doctors and hospitals. had to the increasing traffic and gidlock , most likely campain for more street lighting produce more waste and generally carry onlike those of you who live where you come from.

Paulk

Post by Paulk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:44 pm

celticwarrior said:
Why dont you buy a house where your from!?.edited by: celticwarrior, Jun 20, 2008 - 10:24 PM

Because, if you read the post I am going to rent one.

Paulk

Post by Paulk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:07 pm

royred said:
Hope you are aware paulk that by deciding to come here to live you probably take a job that is badly needed by some one already here.
you will put an extra burden on the already overstretched dentists doctors and hospitals. had to the increasing traffic and gidlock , most likely campain for more street lighting produce more waste and generally carry onlike those of you who live where you come from.

Sorry buddy, I am self employed so taking someone elses job isn't what I am going to be doing, it probably would bring money to people in Cornwall realy as I would be paying rent etc.
As for a campain for street lighting and "carrying on like those of you that live where you come from", I think you're being a little closed minded. Sure there are plenty of idiots here in Thanet, But I am sure that there are some everywhere don't you think?
Whilst I am her I would like to say thanks to the people on here that replied in a sensible way ;-)

Celticwarrior

Post by Celticwarrior » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:23 am

No Paul believe me if you rent a house here it is highly unlikely that you will be paying money to a local landlord. You will probably rent through an agency who are employed by "second home owners and buy to let" people. As for working for yourself all well and good but my uncle is a self employed carpenter and you would be in direct competition with him thus taking work away from him.
If you really love Cornwall so much please come here on holiday and put money into the local economy.