Cornish Documentary

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
The_amazing_lee

Post by The_amazing_lee » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Hello, my name is Lee and I'm a student/film maker that is currently involved in a short documentary project that will hopefully explore both sides of Cornwall, The Rural Cornish people and the Urban In-migrants. The documentary looks to interview/ to follow a person/people from both sides and to create a non-bias look at the views of people from Cornwall and the people who have moved here.The reason I post is because I am looking to film/interview people that have got an interesting opinion on Cornwall, which will obviously differ depending on which category that you fall into. I wish to explore not just the 'ideal' Cornwall but the reality of Cornwall, the harsh economic climate and how Cornwall's national identity in Contemporary times is complex and difficult to define because of the many varieties of people living here.If you are interested in being filmed/interviewed please contact me in this topic and tell us a little bit about yourself, where you are from, what you do etc. Hope you can help, Cheers.Lee

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:37 pm

I don't think there'll any shortage of response, Lee.  Light blue touch paper and retire . . . .

HeamoorMan

Post by HeamoorMan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:52 pm

marhak said:I don't think there'll any shortage of response, Lee.  Light blue touch paper and retire . . . .

Or is it some sort of scam?? I would air on the side of caution with this one!!

The_amazing_lee

Post by The_amazing_lee » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Haha, A scam I'm not. Just a student that doesn't know many Cornish people that's trying to see who is interested in sharing their views on Cornwall for a project I have got to do as part of my uni assignments.Here's an example of my work. A documentary for a charity I directed earlier this year. I apologise for the quality, that is Youtube, not me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....6MZcNPtEQ4

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Would it not be more appropriate and polite, if this is for an official piece of course work, to introduce yourself more fully, TAL, along with your educational institution, department and tutor?
That might help engender some confidence in potential responders.

The_amazing_lee

Post by The_amazing_lee » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:08 am

That is true, I apologise sincerely.Ok, my name is Lee I'm a 22 year old University student originally from Essex/London in the second year of the BA Film course at University College Falmouth. I came to the university this year via a transfer so this is my first year in Falmouth. I'm very interested in Cornwall as a place and have family that live here, but what has sparked the idea of this documentary is that Cornwall is a place of various identities, and all with unique opinions and lives that differ from an outsiders general point of view.One of the modules under tutor Mark Douglas is to create a documentary using certain headings, the one in which our group chose was Rural/Urban and we have decided to explore the different sides of Cornwall without trying to create a bias but simple to ackknowledge that although Cornwall may be a picturesque place and something that can be bought, to others its a place of birth and possibly a place of poverty or struggle? But it's really an observation of what people think about Cornwall, about the different people that live here and also about their own personal journey as a Cornish native or a Cornish in-migrant. It's not a documentary that is trying to shock or disturb anyone, it's simply trying to show a non biased observation of the valued opinions of the people that live here.I hope that is of more help and I'm sorry if I have annoyed or confused anyone up until this point.Hope you can be of some help.Lee :)