Relocating to Hayle, Cornwall

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Welcome, good luck you will love it if you have the right take on life!

Why not learn a bit about about us Cornish first. Try these links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Cornwall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_pe ... h_language

Kattell

Post by Kattell » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:13 pm

Hi Hannah

If you like swimming, surfing etc then you'll love Hayle beach, it takes a lot of beating. :P

Penzance, Camborne, Redruth and Helston are all fairly quick easy drives from here with out too much conjestion to worry about, Truro is not too bad a drive but parking is always a stress.

The weather is generally warm and wet. We get some flooding when the council don't clear the drains and if it snows it rarely sticks as we are so close to the water (an estuary)

The nearest gyms are at Carn Brea in Pool and St Ives both about 15mins drive away but running on the beach is free, as is swimming in the sea. There are good clubs you could join such as the running club, the tennis club, the gig club and the surf lifesaving club 8)

It's good to hear that you can live without a nightclub because there isn't one :( (well not one the locals are allowed to use anyway, just the one attached to the holiday parks), There are buses running to the nearest clubs in Penzance and Redruth though. However there are loads of pubs, most people tend to find one or two favorites and stick to them.

I've lived here most of my life and have my family here but people I know who have moved here recently say they find Hayle friendly and like living here. We have two carnivals a year as well as Heylfest and our christmas lights are second to none! :lol:

I'm sure that you've already considered this but I would suggest finding a job before you make the move :wink:

Good luck and if you want to know more please do not hesitate to ask.

GolowDydh

Post by GolowDydh » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:43 am

I'm sure that you've already considered this but I would suggest finding a job before you make the move

Very sound advice you may find that there are not too many opportunities for 19 year old office managers, and that the salary offered will limit your choice of places that you can rent. I would be interested to know why you have picked Hayle, and what other support you will have.

I have known a number of bright youngsters who have come down, ended up working in a seasonal job and then returned to their roots as they are laid off and their new found co-workers and friends have gone off to university etc.

Kernow

Post by Kernow » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:01 am