Insurgents

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
SaneMan

Post by SaneMan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:56 am

How would you describe the word " Insurgents " ?

The online dictionary states :

1. Rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.

2. Rebelling against the leadership of a political party.

I ask this because before the Iraq war I had never heard the word
' insurgents ' connected to any invaded country or other conflict . In fact to be totally honest , I had never heard of the word at all , though I'm sure it existed...............didn't it ?

It's just that when Bush & Blair supports an anti goverment stand elsewhere in the World ( which they often do , ) aren't they then described with words like :" Freedom Fighters " ?

I'm confused. :roll:

CornishIntifada

Post by CornishIntifada » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:08 am

head choppers are "insurgents" - I think they should be called TERRORISTS. They are all foreign Islamobots that the Iraqis are now killing and turnign in to the new Iraqi army and the US. If yuo think they are freedom fighters point out some tourists I can kidnap and chop their heads off and make the Cornish cause hit the front pages

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:02 pm

You see what i mean; i mention the BNP and the next minute we have the CI.

CornishIntifada

Post by CornishIntifada » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:51 pm

I HATE the BNP - its another sawsnak interest party that wants preserve the status quo on Cornwall. They would have us CEMENTED into england. In that sense they are political enemies.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:45 pm

My apologies if you have nothing to do with the BNP.

Xxxxxx

Post by Xxxxxx » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:25 am

head choppers are "insurgents" - I think they should be called TERRORISTS. They are all foreign Islamobots that the Iraqis are now killing and turnign in to the new Iraqi army and the US. If yuo think they are freedom fighters point out some tourists I can kidnap and chop their heads off and make the Cornish cause hit the front pages

Nice to know he can be wrong on a variety of subjects.
'Good and honest' Iraqis fighting US forces

By Phil Sands, Staff Reporter

Tikrit:
A senior US military chief has admitted "good, honest" Iraqis are fighting American forces.
Major General Joseph Taluto said he could understand why some ordinary people would take up arms against the US military because "they're offended by our presence".

In an interview with Gulf News, he said: "If a good, honest person feels having all these Humvees driving on the road, having us moving people out of the way, having us patrol the streets, having car bombs going off, you can understand how they could [want to fight us]."

General Taluto, head of the US 42nd Infantry Division which covers key trouble spots, including Baquba and Samarra, also said some Iraqis not involved in fighting did support insurgents who avoided hurting civilians.

He said: "There is a sense of a good resistance, or an accepted resistance. They say 'okay, if you shoot a coalition soldier, that's okay, it's not a bad thing but you shouldn't kill other Iraqis.'"

However General Taluto insisted the US and other foreign forces would not be driven out of Iraq by violence. "If the goal is to have the coalition leave, attacking them isn't the way," he said. "The way to make it happen is to enter the political process cooperate and the coalition will be less aggressive and less visible and eventually it'll go away."

His comments come in stark contrast to the assertions of other top US figures, who persist in claiming all insurgents are either Baathists or Al Qaida terrorists.

General Taluto also admitted he did not know how many insurgents there were. "I stay away from numbers how can I quantify this? We can make estimates by doing some kind of guesswork," he said.

"I think there is a small core of foreign fighters. I don't know how big that is but there is some kind of capability here, and it's being replenished.

"Then there is a group of former regime personnel they're the facilitators. They make all the communications, move the money, they enable things to happen. Their goal isn't the same as the foreign fighters but they're using them to do what they want to do.

"Then we have the foot soldiers. Some are doing it for the money. Some are doing it because they're offended by our presence and believe we are a threat to their way of life. There are various levels."

He added: "Who knows how big these networks are, or how widespread? I know it's substantial enough to be a threat to the government and it will be for some time."

General Taluto said "99.9 per cent" of those captured fighting the US were Iraqis, but was also adamant most people in Iraq wanted a free, democratic and independent country.

He predicted attacks would continue to surge in intensity, as key milestones were reached, including the upcoming constitutional referendum.

CornishIntifada

Post by CornishIntifada » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:54 pm

American troops on the Syrian border are enjoying a battle they have long waited to see - a clash between foreign al-Qa'eda fighters and Iraqi insurgents. Tribal leaders in Husaybah are attacking followers of Abu Musab Zarqawi, the Jordanian-born terrorist who established the town as an entry point for al-Qa'eda jihadists being smuggled into the country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... world.html

Nice to see that Stroppy who actally lives on other people's land supports the SAl qaeda head choppers in Iraq. Well Strob seems that iraqis don't like your freedom fighters now either.

Interesting - A muslim MP in New zealand wants stoning for adulterers. Want to continue defending Islamists Strob?

Muslim MP Ashraf Choudhary will not condemn the traditional Koran punishment of stoning to death some homosexuals and people who have extra-marital affairs.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_i ... D=10334250

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:14 pm

You notice his link for this story does not work.

Even if correct again it is one example cherry picked for its purpose.

Xxxxxx

Post by Xxxxxx » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:09 pm

Nice to see that Stroppy who actally lives on other people's land supports the SAl qaeda head choppers in Iraq.

A bit of education for you Cornishiterdada;

You post; Insurgents are foreign.
I prove; The Insurgents are Iraqi's
You say; Strop must support insurgents.

A logical fallacy, is an error in logical argument which is independent of the truth of the premises. It is a flaw in the structure of an argument as opposed to an error in its premises. When there is a fallacy in an argument it is said to be invalid.

Example
All snakes are green
My apple is green
Therfore my apple is a snake.

It's a child-like error, like calling the insurgents " foreign Islamobots".

If you are going to play with the grown ups here, be prepared for more of this.

CornishIntifada

Post by CornishIntifada » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:22 am

you can't use one single MP in a different country, one person's views can never be representative of anything except themselves.

National News

>> Home >> National News

Some stoning okay says Choudhary

Ashraf Choudhary
Ashraf Choudhary

By Ruth Berry

Muslim MP Ashraf Choudhary will not condemn the traditional Koran punishment of stoning to death some homosexuals and people who have extra-marital affairs.

But the Labour MP - who has struggled with his "role" as the sole parliamentary representative of the local Muslim community - is not advocating the practice here.
Mr Choudhary once again found himself between a rock and a hard place on questions of Islam when he appeared on TV3's 60 Minutes programme last night.

It was examining warnings about extreme fundamentalism within New Zealand's Islamic community.

Mr Choudhary was asked: "Are you saying the Koran is wrong to recommend that gays in certain circumstances be stoned to death?"

He replied: " No, no. Certainly what the Koran says is correct.

"In those societies, not here in New Zealand," he added.

Go to the new Zealand Herald - national news
Its the 5th of July. Don't think I made it up as you are insulting my intelligence. Well I keep hearing the same things over and over from Muslims -at some point I have to make the conclusion that this is their remedy for adultery as prescribed by Islam ( well actually its a caning but these idiots don't follow their own religion properly).

Strop - don't flatter yourself mate. I post that the insurgents are foreignors who are now being turned in and fought by Iraqis. You provide a link contrary to the link that i provided. My link is an actual fact of fighting taking place between these "insurgents". You provided a link to some colonel in the US who aired his opinion that the Iraqi insurgents might be nice guys ( which could be a propaganda ploy at winning over baathists). As for your deductive reasoning well maybe you don't support the terrorists but still I think you should apply your reasoning to your claims of me being a racist. When all I have done is asked that Conrish descendants be considered ahead of the likes of you as immigrants to Cornwall. The whole world does this for its own people. Is the whole world racists Strop?

Xxxxxx

Post by Xxxxxx » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:10 am

For once I agree with you Countryside, Satan must go to work on a sledge these days! :D

As for our resident nitwit;

You provided a link to some colonel in the US who aired his opinion that the Iraqi insurgents might be nice guys ( which could be a propaganda ploy at winning over baathists).

I quoted someone who is in charge of fighting the isurgents, in some of the most violent areas of Iraq, someone who, unlike you, knows what he is talking about.

As for your deductive reasoning well maybe you don't support the terrorists but still I think you should apply your reasoning to your claims of me being a racist.

I have, and your posts, especially the initial ones when you failed to take into account the intelligence of the members of this board, show overt racism.

When all I have done is asked that Conrish descendants be considered ahead of the likes of you as immigrants to Cornwall.

Tough, no go, no play. You're peeing into the wind as you have no way of making a sensible argument. I lived in Sennen for 11 years, got to know, become close friends with, and admire and respect most the people I shared a village with, both Cornish and incomers. Your whinging "let in people who are 1/112 th Cornish before others," is facile and stupid.

The whole world does this for its own people. Is the whole world racists Strop?

You show me a country where foriegn people who can prove an ancestor from the 18 th century automatically gives them free access and nationality, and priority over others who have the skills and talents needed to emigrate there, and we'll talk.

CornishIntifada

Post by CornishIntifada » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:00 am

Stroppy says:

You show me a country where foriegn people who can prove an ancestor from the 18 th century automatically gives them free access and nationality, and priority over others who have the skills and talents needed to emigrate there, and we'll talk.

Sure thing - the Volga Germans who went to Russia in the 18th century under Catherine the Great. I could also mention the generous laws that France provides to Canadians such as the right to work and study. But this will suffice:

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Volga_Germans

http://www.cgrr.com/history.htm - here is a history of the germans that went to Russia in the 18th century.

Since the late 1980s, many Volga Germans have emigrated to their ancestral homeland of Germany, taking advantage of the German Law of return, a policy which grants citizenship to all those who can prove German ancestry. This exodus has occurred despite the fact that most Volga Germans speak little or no German. In the late 1990's, however, Germany made it more difficult for Russians of German descent to settle in Germany, especially for those who do not speak some of the Volga dialect of German.

But starting again is precisely what hundreds of thousands like her have done already. Following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, more than 900,000 ethnic Germans and their families have emigrated to Germany, the German Embassy in Almaty told IRIN.

http://www.irinnews.org/report.asp?Repo ... KAZAKHSTAN

There you go - lets talk. Also please show me where I said a racist comment. Please don't call Muslism a race. I never said that I, the Cornish or Europeans were biologically superior to muslims. But I believe western civilization is superior over islamic civilization.

Xxxxxx

Post by Xxxxxx » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:05 am

Thank you, I stand corrected. So now the UK could institute such a policy, could it?