Questions after the carnage

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
CornishIntifada

Post by CornishIntifada » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:21 am

I recalled the Iraqi speaker I had heard in Edinburgh last
Saturday who described, as a witness, the devastation of the
blitz of Fallujah. And I wondered - what of the people in the
streets beneath that onslaught?

Who was this guy?? An apologist for the head choppers?? 100,000 don't make me laugh...why not make it a million -where do those figures come from? Perhaps this guy preferred the al qaida wannabees who wanted to have a taliban like community?

Masterclass

Post by Masterclass » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:28 am

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:34 am

Well if Barry Williams had anything to do with that article then there is some sense in the old goat.

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:38 am

does the body count include people killed by other muslims?

Masterclass

Post by Masterclass » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:43 am

I assume so.

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:53 pm

Intifada, you're a VERY angry person aren't you?

Frighteningly so AndyQ!! Thanks for the WMN article Countrysider - I was beginning like most people who care about pain and suffering wherever in the world it happens, to feel a bit isolated.

Some 86 percent of those questioned said they supported giving the police new powers to arrest people they suspect of planning attacks according to The Times newspaper and Prime Minister Tony Blair said on Monday he may speed up the implementation of new anti-terror laws in the wake of the London bombings.

All these mixed messages we get such as "we're are not giving in to terrorist threats" etc sounds like empty rhetoric when you see the results of such polls and statements from the Prime minister

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:01 pm

"DywGenes" said:
"Saddam was responsible for a million dead Iraqis, in war and through terror, in a country of 22 million people."

http://www.iraqfoundation.org/news/2003 ... addam.html

well said

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:01 pm

Yes but now add so many thousands more, plus US, British and their allied forces. It is likely that most of these wouldn't have died. Saddam Hussain's regime was horrific and needed to go, but why initiate the deaths of thousands more people and let's not forget Bush Snrs failure to keep promises the first time around, led to the deaths of many of those 22 million you mention ie the Shi'ite population of the south.

Let's think about the anger of some of the friends and relatives of those people maimed and killed in London. Now put yourselves in the shoes of an ordinary young Iraqi man or woman in Bagdad, Fuluja or wherever whose friends or family, with no say or any power over what happend to them ( under either Hussain or resulting from US led invasion ) get slaughtered by bombs, tank shells or bullets or get treated like dirt by stressed, nervey, pumped up soldiers - how little pressure it's going to take to send that young Iraqi with backing from millitant organisations with all the weaponary needed, on a quest for revenge. It doesn't take a doctorate in sociology/politics to work that out and I am pretty sure that both the US and British knew this would happen, but daren't tell the population that some British people going about their ordinary daily lives would definately die as a result of their actions. There's lot's of crocodile tears running down the cheeks of government spokesmen and women at the moment. Whether it's a US soldier, a person in London or Iraqi civilian the real horror is the fact that indirectly the power over whether they lived or died depended on the decisions of a very small group of men and women who would never know them and the terrible feeling of loss their deaths had on all those close to them.

CornishIntifada

Post by CornishIntifada » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:33 pm

Porthia - your post highlights the problems of the thinking of some of in the west and is indicative of the thinking of the left regarding the "occupation" of Iraq.

Muslim terrorists are killing women and children in Iraq as they are trying to forment a civil war in order to destroy democracy which they fear. So muslims in the UK who are citizens of the UK (and hence as equally guilty for the occupation) go on a rampage in London to kill more infidels because they blame the infidels of the west for the jihadis in Iraq blowing up cars etc and killing more people.

Its the infidels fault that suicide bombers are killing innocent Iraqis., so we must kill infidels in the UK. You can witness many examples of such islogic by listening to any islamic commentator.