Thank you aunty!!

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:15 am

Very funny stroppy - you're a card. Mmmm! don't know what else to say really. Basically you've said nothing and most of those active in the Cornish Movement haven't got time to read your funny quips anyway, so fill your boots if it's therapeutically helpful for you.

Both yourself and fancybrew have said nothing really and I think it's quite obvious to everyone that's been the case from your initial "contributions". If you weren't making quips what do you have to say??? Most of us think ..... NOTHING!

As you can see I'm repeating myself and beginning to mimick your modus operandi :wink:

Xxxxxx

Post by Xxxxxx » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:05 am

Your attack on Joe is quite unfounded; he has contributed a lot to this site on the history and culture of Cornwall. I am personally grateful for information and advice he has posted.

As his attack on me was unwarranted in that thread of yours Mike. In fact you that had thanked me for my comments , just before Joe came in with an unecessary personal attack. But as I do not support an assembly, nationalism, or independence, personal attacks on me don't count I suppose. ;)

Ok, I'll continue in my own way then, as that seems to be the consensus. :D

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:13 pm

fancybrew and stroppygob are only able to exist because those of you that are forward thinking supporters of the Cornish Movement exist. They're like the people that use these chat rooms full of banal senseless banter - anything consisting of anything other than a put-down or consisting of more than a short paragraph of two sentences or less frightens them.

The unfortunate thing is that they draw everyone else into doing the same thing so what could be a good debating forum ends up full of tit-for-tat put-downs.

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:15 pm

which is EXACTLY what you have done.

Xxxxxx

Post by Xxxxxx » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:05 pm

Ok, I'll take that as an appology Joe. :D

For what it's worth..

Do you have two homes?

I haven't been here long enough to take out a mortgage yet. I won't go into my wife's personal financial details, but suffice to say, we're renting over here, so the Cornish house is my only house.

The rents I recieve on it do not cover the mortgage, so I send back money every fortnight to top up the rents, effectively subsidising a Cornish family to remain in Sennen.

Do you not pay UK taxes as you work overseas sometimes?

I also have to pay VAT on each rent, as I use a property manager, who's services incurr 17.5 % tax. I also have to pay tax on any repairs etc.

So I do not tax dodge.

Back to the game....

Lyskerrys

Post by Lyskerrys » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:50 pm

Top quality thread - precisely ONE message before the baiting, bitching and point-scoring started. :roll: Jeez guys, give it a break.

Masterclass

Post by Masterclass » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:41 pm

So anyway, downloading of free to air programmes. Copyright breach, or fair game?