Whats next for London...

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
shaz

Post by shaz » Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 pm

…they seem to be in rather a tiz

Twitter Cllr Wallis: "Breaking news – a crazed one eyed scotsman has barricaded himself into a house in London and is holding 60 million people hostage #ge2010"

Twitter – Someone from England – "Tory / Lib Dem compromises #1: Allow immigrants to stay, but hunt them for sport."

Twitter – Someone from Kernow - Its official "The Television" runs the country!

Facebook page The voters want electoral reform!

Lib Dems want your views by tomorrow here 

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat May 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I remember the run-up to the Millenium, and the politicans were arguing what would be best built in London, at public expense, to mark the occasion (they ended up with the dome, and why London in any case?).  This got into a pub conversation and I was asked what would be best in London for the Millenium.

My answer was: "a mushroom cloud".

shaz

Post by shaz » Sat May 08, 2010 4:44 pm

The Scottish National Party has called on the Liberal Democrats to join a "progressive alliance" involving Labour, the SNP and Plaid Cymru. here

Nick Clegg's choices: here

Twiiter comment: Steve Gilbert told me "vote MK and you will get a Tory".......oh the irony!

shaz

Post by shaz » Sat May 08, 2010 9:25 pm

David Cameron faces Tory party anger
"Lord Ashcroft, who put £5m into marginal seats, is said to be furious with Cameron for doing TV debates and a lack of support over the 'non-dom' status row" from the Observer full story here
A Dutch prospective on British elections and coalition here

Think I should have put this thread in the Rest of the World, maybe it could be moved.

shaz

Post by shaz » Sun May 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Tweet: TheCornishDem Distorted #ge2010 result & outrageous mismatch btwn votes & seats. Let's Take Back Parliament!http://bit.ly/Takeitback #takeitback

Tweet: AnthonyBarnett The call has gone out: demo for democracy next Saturday 15 May to keep up the pressure: democracy now!http://bit.ly/aDGedL #takeitback

Take back Parliament here 

shaz

Post by shaz » Sun May 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Cornish Zetetics...

Ruling classes distract masses by hanging themselves