Poppy-burning Muslim protesters

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
Marhak

Re: Poppy-burning Muslim protesters

Post by Marhak » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 pm

I any case, the Muslem population in Kernow is miniscule, and the issue doesn't really arise.

kal

Post by kal » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:55 am

Not yet, but once you start making Halal Pasties , they will come down in droves, mind you I imagine once a upon a time the Cornish were saying 'The English population in Kernow is miniscule, and the issue doesn't really arise " and look what happend.
By the way when writing in English you say Cornwall not Kernow, just as when I write in Cornish I say Pow Saws, not England,
although Pow Saws is wrong anyway, as I will be writing in my new blog on Kernewek Progressive .

(afterword, my boyfriend is Muslim, so I agree most are not extremists, but there are a few crazies around. )

Cornish Rex

Post by Cornish Rex » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:58 pm

This thread is hilarious.

piratesfan

Post by piratesfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Cornish Rex wrote:This thread is hilarious.
Racism is not a funny thing to happen actually you. Please don't call me names for saying that though.

Anwyway i got a email back from the england defenders and they said they are going to take what i say and probably would be able to give my country of cornwall lots of money for a mosque thats going to be open for lesbians ladies to get into. i looked at google web site for the partitions that can help in cornwall and one of them i email then before a minute i get a email back this was from the trantsition partion they are the peopl who are trying to stop from pollution breaking the climate.

they told me they are open to the idea of a mosque in illogan for lesbians but also LGBT as well. i asked them what is LBGT i wait for answer there sorry i am new to this dont know all the politics names! but they told me there is web sites where you can get money if the what you are buliding wont break the climate. the climate is very important says the transition people, if we carry on driving cars then the climate will have to stop. the cilmate means the weather so people that means no more sunshine rain snow or wind left. imagine that it would be very difficult for people to do a lot of things like grow things to eat and dont be silly anyone and make jokes about getting food from the shop please this is serious.

anyway flubub your partition of england defenders is saying nice things so far but lets wait and see hopefully we can get a web site for all of this done soon?

kal

Post by kal » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:04 pm

LBGT
Lesbian,, Bisexual Gay and Transgender, ( Lesbyan, kesrythek,dewrythek, ha transryth LKDT in traditional Cornish, although would be different in Progressive Cornish )

piratesfan

Post by piratesfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:13 pm

ok thanks kal about this will tell my mates as well they did not know about it.

qwertywun

Post by qwertywun » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:26 pm

piratesfan wrote: Racism is not a funny thing to happen actually you. Please don't call me names for saying that though.
no one is going to call you names, i was just pissed of about remembrance day & over-reacted, everyone else here seems sound, good luck with your casue to

Cornish Rex

Post by Cornish Rex » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:25 am

Oh christ are you lot for real, i'm in tears of laughter how can this be taken seriously?

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:13 pm

From Hope Not Hate:
Last week I wrote a blog that criticised the English Defence League and Muslims Against Crusades. I watched these two groups of extremists oppose each other on a west London street at 11am last Thursday. Their rival protests were timed to coincide with the moment the country remembered those who had died in past wars.

I was struck by the hatred shown by both groups. I felt that both thrived on the presence of each other. Although they came from opposing traditions and viewpoints there was a certain symbiotic relationship between the two. I felt they both needed the other to justify their own existence. I criticised both groups equally.

Was I right to criticise both groups? Read my blog and let me know what you think.
http://action.hopenothate.org.uk/page/s ... our-houses

Extremism only creates fear and hatred. Worse, extremism breeds extremism. As I wrote in my blog: "For the MAC the presence and activities of the EDL prove how white British society is the enemy. For the EDL the Islamist extremists are proof of the violent nature of Islam. They are two sides of the same coin of hate."

The Islamist extremists no more represent the Muslim community than do the violent racists of the EDL speak for every white person in Britain, but that didn't deter the tabloid press from its sensationalist reporting. Their lurid headlines vilified an entire religion and only whipped up more misunderstanding and hatred and, as a consequence, extremism.

Does extremism breed extremism? Let me know your views.
http://action.hopenothate.org.uk/page/s ... our-houses

I wrote the blog because I felt it was time to take a stand. It is time to speak out against those who preach hate, from whichever quarter it comes. I believe it is also time to stop the lurid headlines that demonise communities, deepen divisions and only increase extremism.

I concluded by saying it was "important to criticise both groups publicly. Criticising one group but remaining silent about another leads, correctly, to charges of hypocrisy and double standards. Only by criticising the actions of tiny extremist groups can we say with any validity that neither speaks for the wider communities and religions they claim to represent."

I'm interested in your views and I would like your opinion about what we should do next.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Are women allowed into mosques? I thought they weren't. In any case, the few Muslems resident in Cornwall all seem to be a pretty decent crowd, and are sympathetic toward the Cornish cause.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:50 pm

I visited Tartarstan with missus Le Breton and we visited a Mosque together in Kazan no problem. It depends where the mosque is (ie what the regime of the country is like) and what type of Islam is running it. You can find many that are as open and inviting to both sexes as any church.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 am

I wouldn't dream of misbehaving in their own countries. As a guest, I'd abide by their rules. Why do they misbehave in ours, or show such contempt for our rules?

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:00 am

"THEY" don't, a very small percentage them do, just like a small percentage of of "US" misbehave etc when abroad.
It only seems as if "they" behave that way because our media think that is what we wish to hear about and read over our Cornflakes and toast in the morning, to be reinforced by watching it whilst sitting down to the latest microwavable frozen offering from the "local" hyper-marketing emporium in the evening.
As the current economic cuts start to bite deeper, watch out for even more offerings from the media of the evil things "they" are doing to "our" country, oh and more shit about some rich sod getting married, to keep our minds of our own woes.
After all, we don't want the masses thinking "Oh shit, my home is about to be repossessed", far better to keep them thinking "We should send them all back to Freakslamobahd or wherever it is they come from, and ahhhh, doesn't she look pretty in that dress".
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:07 am

Indeed, I was far too general in my choice of words. "Some of them" would have been better.

carrek

Post by carrek » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Marhak wrote:I wouldn't dream of misbehaving in their own countries. As a guest, I'd abide by their rules. Why do they misbehave in ours, or show such contempt for our rules?
They are British. Unfortunately, it is just as much their country as it is ours. And burning poppies isn't illegal.