Poppy-burning Muslim protesters

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
Marhak

Re: Poppy-burning Muslim protesters

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:15 pm

In official terms, yes, but that's as far as it goes. 'British' is probably one of the most misused and politically manipulated words in existence (I can think of one or two others). Originally, it meant: the Brythonic speaking indigenous Celtic population of Britain.

Grey Owl

Post by Grey Owl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:48 pm

New to this so I hope I'm not stepping over any boundries. I do however feel I must point out that criticising Islam is not being racist. Muslims are not a race, they are a religious group. Plus it should just be pointed out to these morons that 3.5 million muslims have served in the British armed services over the last 150 years. Perhaps these pillocks should try reading a book once in a while...

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Agreed that Muslims are not a race. No question there, but for the 'morons' as you call them more often than not their hatred is tied up with racial issues as much as cultural and religious ones. Dark skinned foreigners with funny food and a different god is what they don't like.

Grey Owl

Post by Grey Owl » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 am

"Dark skinned foreigners with funny food and a different god is what they don't like."
They? I think 'they' would identify with this description and, even by your definition I still call them morons. Their issue is with a culture that will not subjugate itself to their rule (I still mean the morons here not the moderates, although they too have a lot to answer for.) The tragedy is that the god is actually the same one as Christians, Jews and other nutters, it's the stupid book they choose to read that is different.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 am

You can only anser for what you control.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm

I've yet to see Muslem protestors pull disabled people from their wheelchairs and drag 'em across the road, and I've yet to see them drag a 12-year old boy out of his classroom and tag his Facebook site, because he wants to organise a demonstration against the closure of his youth club. The British police have done both in the last week! Now, just who are the terrorists?

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Couldn't agree more Marhak.

You might find this article of interest : The military response to direct action, General Kitson's manual : http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom ... ons-manual

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:35 am

It's as important as it could be to keep everybody accurately informed. We need to be able to counter both official and unofficial propaganda with palpable facts without delay.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Fear and HOPE | The new politics of identity: http://www.fearandhope.org.uk/