NEWS FROM THE CELTIC LEAGUE POLICE RAIDS A REGULAR FEATURE

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
Cormorant

Re: NEWS FROM THE CELTIC LEAGUE POLICE RAIDS A REGULAR FEAT

Post by Cormorant » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm not sure quite how to interpret this. It could indicate a real "Europe of the Peoples", or it could imply simply a massive overbearing superstate with pass laws, paramilitary cops, and soon a microchipped population.

It looks to me as if Basque people can move freely, in their own region, across a recognised international border, without apparent hindrance, with signs on boths sides in their language?

Where is the overbearing superstate in that?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Cormorant, what proof have we that the "silly sods" in the photo were photographed in Cornwall or well to the east of it?

As for the Basque question, what would help us is a Basque presence on C24. I'd certainly like to know more. Keith has a point about France's attitude to minority cultures and languages. Brittany still has a serious problem with the Paris attitude.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:25 am

Cormorant wrote:Not the point I was trying to make, Marhak.

There are SO many of them!

I never said Cornwall had a "terrorist unit",( I think the only terror was when those silly sods in that photo nearly shite themselves when the coppers arrived :lol: )

No, the point I was trying to make was that organisations like the Celtic League should be careful who they support, whether it be Basques, Bretons or Irish nationalists.

The American gentleman who was quoted as supporting some of Mr Chappell's adventures( :lol: ) has a very chequered past when it comes to raising funds in America for various Irish causes.
The Celtic League, recognised by the United Nations as an NGO holding Consultative Status does not need advice from posters with the credentials of 'Cormorant' (and various incarnations) et al who hold no formal status at all and whose comments are shown to be provocative both here and elsewhere.

Perhaps you would care to mention by name the 'American gentleman' ? We should be only too pleased to legally pursue any ill advised remarks made against our overseas members or indeed others wherever situate.

The Celtic League supports a peaceful path to self determination for the Basque Country, Briezh and the occupied north of Ireland which forms part of a divided Country as well as the other Celtic Nations including Kernow. Our organisation has constitutional policies set in place in 1961 which are well known by the UN, Council of Europe and the British Government and fully accepted by the first two and by legal compliance, the latter

Chris A/Sec KBCL

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:04 am

My feeling is that a legal remedy would not be available, since the statements complained of are, it is transparently obvious, mere vulgar abuse that no right-thinking person would take seriously. Neither the CL, any of its members or officers, or the people in Euzkadi subject to persecution, would have their reputations lowered by any of the remarks to which you refer.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 am

Perhaps you would care to mention by name the 'American gentleman' ? We should be only too pleased to legally pursue any ill advised remarks made against our overseas members or indeed others wherever situate.

More threats?

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 am

Cormorant, what proof have we that the "silly sods" in the photo were photographed in Cornwall or well to the east of it?

Because those involved were Cornish and admitted it as a "prank".

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 am

I was not giving advice to the Celtic League.

I was giving an opinion, something I have a right to do, whatever the threats of litigation, especially those threats coming from individuals that don't even recognise the jurisdiction of the English courts. :lol:

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Cormorant wrote:I was not giving advice to the Celtic League.

I was giving an opinion, something I have a right to do, whatever the threats of litigation, especially those threats coming from individuals that don't even recognise the jurisdiction of the English courts. :lol:
The 'English courts' or the Court Service of England and Wales ? To which legal process do you refer ?

As a new poster here having taken the role up, why do you find it necessary to insert a 'laughter' smiley after every posting no matter how serious its nature ? Do you find the repression of Celtic and other peoples something to be laughed at ?

Either properly justify your oft snide remarks or make none at all.

Chris

carrek

Post by carrek » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:12 pm

factotum wrote:Well full independence I suppose. But would this really be meaningful inside the EU mega-state?
Or to put it another way, what's the point of being part of the Spanish state when everything can be run at a Basque or EU level?

It'd be like Cornwall's affairs being run in not just Truro (for national stuff) and Brussels (to be part of an influential trading bloc and world power), but, for example (just plucking a European city at random), London...

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:20 pm

The Spanish State and its various mouthpieces frequently try to divert attention from their harassment of Basque cultural activists and institutions by irrelevant references to ETA. This amounts to a confession of guilt on their part.
Anselm

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Anselm wrote:The Spanish State and its various mouthpieces frequently try to divert attention from their harassment of Basque cultural activists and institutions by irrelevant references to ETA. This amounts to a confession of guilt on their part.
Another mouthpiece

The B.B.C. :lol:

http://tinyurl.com/6xownyq

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Yes, the -oh so- impartial British Broadcasting Corporation. The clue is in the name.
Or to put it another way, what's the point of being part of the Spanish state when everything can be run at a Basque or EU level?
Well said!

CAMPAIGN AGAINST CRIMINALISING COMMUNITIE: http://campacc.org.uk/uploads/basque.pdf

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Perhaps you think the UK state ban of the PKK is equally justified? http://campacc.org.uk/uploads/kurds.pdf

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Turkey is very, very complex. I don't think I've ever met a Turkish person I didn't like, and the Turkish people have a rich and worthwhile culture. Yet the modern Turkish state was founded on the extermination of entire Armenian communities, and the Kurdish people and their language have suffered even more harsh treatment than the Basques suffered under Franco.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates