éirígí media release - MOD Learns Its Lesson

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
kbcl1

éirígí media release - MOD Learns Its Lesson

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:11 pm

MOD Learns Its Lesson

éirígí candidate for Belfast’s Upper Falls in next month’s local government elections in the Six Counties Pádraic Mac Coitir has said the decision by the British Ministry of Defence not to stage a ‘homecoming parade’ in the city is evidence of the resurgence of republicanism.

Belfast City Council recently voted in favour of allowing the notorious Royal Irish Regiment to have a parade through the city on their return from the war against the people of Afghanistan. However, the British MOD has declined to take the council up on its offer, ostensibly citing financial considerations.

Mac Coitir said: “The decision by the British government not to proceed with a parade in Belfast is evidence of the fact that they are fearful of the reaction of republicans and the nationalist population.

“In 2008, the British MOD felt confident enough to attempt to march the RIR through the streets of Belfast. On that occasion, they were met with the determined opposition of éirígí and of hundreds of angry republicans.

“Three years later, the British government feels itself incapable of organising a similar blood-stained procession through the streets. This decision is testament to the hard work of éirígí activists and other republicans in rebuilding the republican struggle in Belfast.

“We have no doubt that this work is very much a job in progress and will take a lot more effort, but decisions like the MOD’s prove that this work is bearing fruit.”

Mac Coitir added: “The claim by the MOD that they decided against holding this parade due to purely financial considerations is clearly a nonsense given they are holding other events across the Six Counties.

“éirígí will oppose any ceremonies for the war criminals of the RIR, regardless of where in Ireland they are held.”

Kitto

Re: éirígí media release - MOD Learns Its Lesson

Post by Kitto » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:58 pm

There's plenty of normal political parties in the Republic of Ireland and in the United Kingdom, why do you keep posting nonsense from the éirígí loons?

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Says the Ukipper!

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 pm

I am not a terrorist sympathiser though.

Moderators Note:-

This statement requires explanation, or retraction.

It is aimed at the Irish party mentioned, not at an individual poster.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 pm

I've no idea if you can substantiate that allegation, but how do you feel about your own government supporting Menachem Begin in Israel, or your own government (aided and abetted by the Church of England) supporting Robert Mugabe in Rhodesia? Both were, at the times in question, out-and-out terrorists.

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Marhak wrote:I've no idea if you can substantiate that allegation, but how do you feel about your own government supporting Menachem Begin in Israel, or your own government (aided and abetted by the Church of England) supporting Robert Mugabe in Rhodesia? Both were, at the times in question, out-and-out terrorists.
My Gov't? I wasn't alive during these things. Besides, the UK Gov't is yours as well.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 pm

True. I more or less missed the Begin thing, but not the Mugabe one. I was disgusted, and didn't care who knew it.

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Marhak wrote:True. I more or less missed the Begin thing, but not the Mugabe one. I was disgusted, and didn't care who knew it.
I'm ashamed we didn't invade Iraq back in the First Gulf War and left it to a decade later under dubious circumstances. We could have prevented the massacre of the Marsh Arabs.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:19 pm

We could have prevented the massacre of Marsh Arabs and Kurds by not supplying Saddam with arms and the much vaunted "weapons of mass destruction" (which he used up against them and Iran) in the first place.