Please bann Marhak

A new forum dedicated to Kernewek - the Cornish language, Cornish culture and the history of the Duchy of Cornwall
GanO

Re: Please bann Marhak

Post by GanO » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:53 pm

An Sagacious Crumb a scryfas:
You are lower than a Grammersow's scrotum you pathetic little fart.
Ren ow barf, SC ker, an lavar-na o menegys fest yn ta! My a res omwovyn fatel vya y semlant y'gan Tavas Coth-ny. Otomma dhys ow hensa assay hockus dh'y trelya:

"Ysella os-ta es tygen dewgell gwragh, ty vremmyk wharthus gwan!"

Ha del wodher, y'n trelyans-na yma gortheryans hag oxymoron y'n tybyans may hallo bos lygyon gorryth gans nep benen goth (gwragh=pryf + benen!)
:D
Last edited by GanO on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwask an Orlewen
Dyller yn Kernewek Gwyr
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
"An Gwyr a'gas delyrf." Jow.8:32
"Dyllen dampnys kyn fen!"

GanO

Post by GanO » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Marhak ranted discriminatorily:
I don't think I've laughed so much since my sister caught her tits in the mangle.
pp. Karesk:
You evidently have no understanding of the reasons why people get their tits detained in the mangle, and I consider your remarks offensive to those people who (unlike me) have the aforementioned tits to get caught in passing mangles.

If you feel the need to comment on someone's tits, how about keeping your remarks to what you consider them to have done with those tits and why you object to them.
There we go, Karesk; that's saved you the trouble. I've slapped the vile poltroon down for his insensitive titophobia! Rak meth ha fy dhodho!
Gwask an Orlewen
Dyller yn Kernewek Gwyr

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Sorry - if mammary serves, it was a boob :D

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Which fell flat - if fact, extremely flat. Both of 'em!

Karesk

Post by Karesk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 pm

GanO
I have no intention of entering into a public slanging match.
I have not, I think, made any personal attacks on anyone.
I have not, as it happens, been detained in a psychiatric institution but people I love have been, and so-called humour that misrepresents them makes me angry.
If someone you loved was the victim of an attack, I would expect you to defend them and I would respect you for doing so.
I would appreciate similar respect from you.
Thank you

SteviePZ

Post by SteviePZ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Does anyone on here think that we should ask the admin to delete this rather horrid thread that is doing no-one any good.

What does this look like from anyone looking from the outside in?

The Cornish are famous for many things, and one of the biggest attributes is falling out with each other.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:51 pm

I always knew the phrase as '...when Granny caught her tits in the mangle'! :lol:
Sense of humour by-pass...
As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:05 am

Indeed - I changed it. My sister and I have never got along. Last I heard, she was living on a volcano in the Canaries (God help the volcano).

GanO

Post by GanO » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Indeed, mammarophobia is a serious affliction which is thought to affect as many as 1.69% of Britain's mammarophiles (aka 'men'( and --clearly a far more serious matter!-- a similar percentage of mammarophores (aka 'women').

This is far too grave a matter for levity, especially as half the humans one meets in life are members of that higher-risk group, women. We must respect their sensibilities by keeping proper decorum and a po-face.

Furthermore, lest we cause deep offence, we must act to remove discriminatory and hurtful phrases from the English language (and the Cornish one as well). Please expunge from your lexicon (and urge your friends and work-mates to do likewise!) such horrid expressions as 'bosom pals', 'get it off your chest!', 'tit for tat', 'boob tube', 'tittering with laughter', 'Cornish knockers' and, worst of all, the odious 'fun bags'. There's no 'fun' in life for the unfortunate mammarophobes, you know!

Thank you for your co-operation.
Gwask an Orlewen
Dyller yn Kernewek Gwyr