For Professional Celticicts Only

A new forum dedicated to Kernewek - the Cornish language, Cornish culture and the history of the Duchy of Cornwall
carrek

Re: For Professional Celticicts Only

Post by carrek » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 am

Stop being part of the problem.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Well, I did notice a certain Tim Saunders haunting the edges of the field at the Gorsedh. (I only haunted it for half an hour after ferrying a couple of people there. I was gone by 12.30pm).

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Subjunctive Mood

How you feel after making a big night of it in the Blue Anchor.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Conjunctions

Only to be attempted by consenting adults in private.
Anselm

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Glosses

For cissies. Real men drink straight from the bottle.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Anselm wrote:Glosses

For cissies. Real men drink straight from the bottle.
Not in the "Blue Anchor" they don't.

Straight from the Barrel is the only way.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Anselm

Re: For Professional Celticists Only

Post by Anselm » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:53 pm

From the barrel? Hah! At the Three Saffron Buns, we dive straight into the vat.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Anselm wrote:From the barrel? Hah! At the Three Saffron Buns, we dive straight into the vat.
It is considered customary to drink the beer at the "Blue Anchor", anyone attempting to bathe in it would be politely requested to leave the premises immediately. Helped on their way with a few choice words, such as Boot, Fist, Knee, etc.

That said, the actual brewing process, being totally secret, is rumored to involve 21 year old virgins and a loofah, but this is merely to encourage the fermentation process, and to enhance the flavor.

How you treat your beer in the "Three Saffron Buns", is up to you, but they do say that the strange behaviour in that establishment is due, entirely, to the insistence of the Landlord in spreading Butter, in liberal amounts, on the bar snacks he offers on a Thursday afternoon, after which the pub is named. :shock:
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:12 pm

It is related in J. Trenoodle's How It DId Belong to Be Downalong in Old Porthfrantick that the first master brewer at the Three Saffron Buns in fact drowned during brewing operations. However, patrons were assured that he had climbed out three times in order to relieve himself.

How did you find out about the whales' milk butter?
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:57 am

Prosodic shift
After several pints of Old Codger, when reciting Tennyson becomes a rendition of Eskimo Nell.

Half-length
That this occurs in sub-zero temperatures is a phallucy.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:48 am

Homophones

Stop sniggering at the back.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:57 am

Anselm wrote: It is related in J. Trenoodle's How It DId Belong to Be Downalong in Old Porthfrantick that the first master brewer at the Three Saffron Buns in fact drowned during brewing operations. However, patrons were assured that he had climbed out three times in order to relieve himself.
The other four times he couldn't be bothered, thus giving the brew it's distinctive taste. A taste, I am told, that is maintained in the traditional way to this very day.
Anselm wrote:How did you find out about the whales' milk butter?
No, no, no, The Landlord who first initiated this unholy assault on the delicate flavours of Christendoms most highly regarded afternoon treat, was displaying the typical Saxon inability to credit anything to a non Saxon nation. The milk used was in fact from Wales, not whales. Everyone knows that milk from whales is only ever used in a Intuit version of Calamari, after it has been allowed to ferment in a closed igloo for 14 months, and the Japanese occasionally mix it with Saki, to give the drink a bit of body. Apparently, there are those who make Ice Cream from it as well.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 217AAGyunJ

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Prepositions

"I beg your pardon, young man!"
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:05 am

Gorsedh

Organization founded by a known subversive and whose members are, according to Le Figaro, attired like members of the Moroccan nobility.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

pietercharles

Post by pietercharles » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:45 am

Bard

Permanently excluded from the Three Saffron Buns by the self-employed doormen for making childish jokes about multiple spelling systems.