BBC Cornwall interview about An Beybel Sans

A new forum dedicated to Kernewek - the Cornish language, Cornish culture and the history of the Duchy of Cornwall
Anselm

Re: BBC Cornwall interview about An Beybel Sans

Post by Anselm » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:59 pm

factotum wrote:There is absolutely no point in duplicating a KK document or work in the 'SWF' since the latter is simply the former with some things taken out. There is no rhyme or reason to this, it was not arrived at scientifically on any basis. Not on the basis of whether or not it reflects the sounds of traditional Cornish; Not on the basis of what works best for users, whether beginners or fluent, since no trials were ever run; Not on the basis of what people prefer, since again no trials or survey; nor even based on the forms actually in use, since again the survey results were published too late, and were not properly analysed, and no attempt was made to define the target population. The whole business was and is a complete shambles designed to damage the revival.
Dre vras, yth ov unnver genes yn kever hemma. Dre rann dha, re fyllis an kastow koynt ma hag yth eson ni ow mones war-yow - re lent dell y'n avowav, mes hwath ow kressya.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

pietercharles

Post by pietercharles » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 am

Ass yw pup-tra oll kler wosa redya post factotum!

Ny aswonnis an gwiryonedh kyns, mes lemmyn my re welas an golow! Skoell a dermyn yw an dasserghyans! Nyns eus poynt!

Yn kynsa my a vynna treghi an konnaow-bregh mes ena my a wellhas ow cher, gorra ow lyvrow kernewek yn
e-bay ha tewlel lies sidi y'n atal-gyst.

Godhon meur ras dhe factotum a dhiskwedhes dhyn fatell yw euver assaya devnydhya hag avonsya an yeth ha rakhenna my a wra cease forthwith. For today at least.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:55 am

Y fia henna brav gans tus an anvi,rag y kavsens i agan yeth dhe'ga gwariell vyghan briva aga honan. Mes avorow yw y'n eur ma. War-yow!
Anselm

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Gans rann dha ytho y hwra Vab Vintitha kilya dh'y gist a-nowydh .. mes ny goedh dhe nagonan synsi anall ...
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 am

Hag ottomma diwedh an lennans!
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Yawn. But what is a Vintitha?

factotum

Post by factotum » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:04 am

Michael, I should take this opportunity to deny the rumour that PC has started otherwise we all know that by the end of the month it will have become a Known Fact.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 am

Ha dhe Wirenn Wodhvydhys y teu mar mynn Vap Venytha hy nagha lowr a weythyow!
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 am

Erbynn prederi, pandra a vern dhyn ni an pyth a wrello tevysygyon a'ga bodh yn=priva?
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:46 am

factotum wrote:Michael, I should take this opportunity to deny the rumour that PC has started otherwise we all know that by the end of the month it will have become a Known Fact.
If you want to, do. His or her last was in response to your cries of woe and doom, after all.

factotum

Post by factotum » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:41 pm

I am in no postion to, all I know is what PC has reported. Would you like to confirm or deny his story?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:31 am

Does anyone care about the musings and ramblings of an anonymity? PC's "story" can only have validity when its source ceases to be anonymous.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:14 am

Marhak wrote:Does anyone care about the musings and ramblings of an anonymity? PC's "story" can only have validity when its source ceases to be anonymous.
The answer is simple: Marhak can execute his statutory trope of claiming responsibility for an urban legend, and all will be clear.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:19 am

At least everyone knows who I am, so at least have the spine to say my piece openly. And, being a rural person, I don't do urban anythings.

pietercharles

Post by pietercharles » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:11 am

Marhak a skrifas:
Does anyone care about the musings and ramblings of an anonymity?
I very much doubt it.