Abby slip

Post memories, nostalgia and blasts from the past here. We\'re looking for tales of yesteryear and how it \"were much better in the good ol days!\"
P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Do you remember when in the past, and Ross Bridge was closed, it was possible to bypass it by using Abby slip? Do you also remember a time when if they closed a road, they would put out signs telling you that it was closed before you actually got to the said road?

Also, do you remember when the Bus's that came down Market Jew Street had more than 5 seats in them, and the Taxis actually had the word "Taxi" on them. Mind you, there was a time, not that long ago, when Market Jew Street was wide enough for 2 bus's to pass in.

Do you also remember a time when it was possible to walk down Causewayhead without fear of being run over, but that was before it was made a pedestrian precinct.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Cornish Rex

Re: Abby slip

Post by Cornish Rex » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:36 am

Yes i do, all very good memories and i remember when the bus station near the railway station acually looked like a bus station. I always had a thrill when seeing St.Michaels Mount by train or car as i knew i was nearly at home again.