MAGA conference

A new forum dedicated to Kernewek - the Cornish language, Cornish culture and the history of the Duchy of Cornwall
Evertype

Re: MAGA conference

Post by Evertype » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 pm

pietercharles wrote:That seems to be a very, very, carefully worded response about your laptop, Evertype. Perhaps even coy.
I think you're over-parsing.
It doesn't actually say that you were taking notes about the Conference itself.
No, it doesn't.
Of course, if you were taking notes about the Conference then it would be good for you to publish them on this forum, and others, for the benefit of Revivalists who could not attend. Indeed, you could have answered Kevrenor's question yourself instead of leaving it to "Jenny".
Actually, I have been very busy over the past few days, finalizing the publication of Alicia in Terrā Mīrābilī. In any case, apart from "Jenny's" personal attack on me, "her" posting answers Kevrenor's question quite adequately.
It's just that I was told that you couldn't possibly have been taking notes about the Conference because, well, never mind,
Because some people spoke in Cornish? Cornish is not that difficult to understand when one has been working with it for 17 years.
let's assume that you were. I'm sure everyone is now looking forward to seeing them.
As much as everyone is looking forward to "PieterCharles" and "Jenny" coming out of the closet and revealing their real names?

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Meur ras dhis a'th notyansow, Jenny. Y fydh da genev klywes re hwath y'n termyn a dheu,
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

pietercharles

Post by pietercharles » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Thank you for that answer, Evertype. It's even more coy and evasive than your first post about the laptop, but I'm probably over-parsing.

Nevertheless I'm sure there's enough there for people to draw their own conclusions. And "Jenny" and anyone else who was at the conference will doubtless feel a lot more relaxed about the matter.

Though I may be wrong about that.

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:23 pm

pietercharles wrote:Thank you for that answer, Evertype. It's even more coy and evasive than your first post about the laptop, but I'm probably over-parsing.
Perhaps.
Nevertheless I'm sure there's enough there for people to draw their own conclusions. And "Jenny" and anyone else who was at the conference will doubtless feel a lot more relaxed about the matter.
It is "Jenny" who raised the non-issue.
Though I may be wrong about that.
I'm sure you find the whole matter very troubling.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Kathlovenn wrote:Igerys yw an seson arta, dell hevel!
Dell hevel yn-hwir! Mes na fors - nyns yw res dhyb gul vri vyth a dus an anvi.
Anselm

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:04 am

If people draw their conclusions in the way "Pieter Charles" draws conclusions, the results will be highly entertaining.

Kevrenor

Post by Kevrenor » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 am

Jenny wrote:Now I've made a dish o' tay and had a think about it, the other good news from Eliazabeth was that they are also working on Kan for Kernow to enter a song for the Pan Celtic song competition and Radio Cornwall is going to prmote the competition by playing the songs on the radio. And the pack MAGA put together for Pyrantide was really successful so they are going to do another one for schools for Christmas with a play and carols and recipes. I've probably forgotten lots of other things too so perhaps someone else can fill in the gaps.
From someone who is generally regarded as a grumpy old man may I say meuras to Jenny for her excellent overview for those of us outside Kernow. Most interesting.

ps. 2nd go - I hate the way this forum doesn't record lock - when two people are typing only one gets posted.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 am

Gwir pub ger.

Meur ras, Jenny. Yma dha dherivas jy ow meneges porann an pyth a glywis vy gans tus esa eno.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates